A Victorian Red Hat Lady

After I turned 50 years of age, I had decided I was going to live each day as if it was my last. I will do all the thing I had only dreamed about. I am going to live, love and have fun. Life is to short to worry about tomorrow, just live and enjoy today!

"Come on this life journey with me and experience the thrill"
Lady Estelle T. Barada

Pages


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A visit with the Queen!



I had a wonderful visit with Queen Mary of The Rhody Red Hatters.  I always get a happy greeting when I arrive at her door.

She greets all with a whole hearted smile and a cheerful laugh.
Her home has a light house charm with a hint of craftiness. You definitely feel right at home.


She made us a delightful Pompadour Pudding
                                                                                                   
Here is the recipe.
This recipe is just vanilla pudding with a chocolate crust, but it's soooo good! It's a little fussy, but worth it!
4 cups milk
3 slightly rounded Tbs. cornstarch
1 cup white sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate OR 5 Tbs. cocoa and 1 1/2
Tbs. margarine
Bring milk to boiling point. Mix next four ingredients together in separate bowl until well mixed. Add to milk. Cook until thick. Put all in baking dish. Put 4 Tbs. milk and chocolate or cocoa into small pan and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool. Beat whites of 3 eggs, add 1/2 cup sugar, then add chocolate mixture and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Turn this over the custard and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Chill and serve with whipped cream.





It was so good to see some of the girls today at the house. It's been a while sense we have been together. They didn't want to have their picture taken, but I needed to share with you those who made my day.






I know the weather wasn't the best for a trip to the beach. But all in all, it was the best day to be with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Fabulous After 50

My Red Hat Blogger Friends

Meet Rebecca Spencer